2023-2024 Season Coaching Signup
- All coaches, assistant coaches, coordinators and board members need to fill out this form for our CORI check process.
- All coaches and assistant coaches should download and review to 2023-2024 Coaching Handbook
Coaching materials, tips and recommended sites will be added to this page. Check back often.
- The Coaches Handbook for the 2023-2024 Season
- Hoop Drills for Younger Age Groups
- Breakthrough Basketball is a site with a lot of free content supporting coaches (drills, plays, etc.). You can sign up for their newsletter and receive some helpful free guides - http://www.breakthroughbasketball.com/
- U-Tube had many drills for basketball. Please note that for younger players, you should simplify the drill and how you communicate it to the players. You can start simple and slowly build on drills to make them more complex. Depending on the make up of your team will dictate the pace you need to teach them.
- Travel league web site: http://www.metrowestbball.com/sportsite2.html (Metro West League) for League Guidelines and Rules.
- Practice planning templates: Template I, Template II
- NYBA Foul and Time Tracking Spreadsheets are on the Documents menu item.
- Ihoops has good coaching videos from reputable coaches. http://www.ihoops.com/
- For those who may be interested in obtaining a great youth basketball coaching video, particularly geared for those coaching within the younger aged divisions, we recommend a DVD entitled: "Bob Bigelow's Coaching Youth Baseketball the Right Way". The URL to purchase the Bigelow DVD is http://www.breakthroughbasketball.com/pr/bigelow-youth-right-way.html.
- Additional web-based resources:
- Travel league web site: http://www.metrowestbball.com/sportsite2.html (Metro West League)
NORTHBORO PUBLIC SCHOOLS GYM RULES AND REGULATIONS
You are only allowed access to the gymnasium and assigned restrooms during your use of our facilities.
The equipment located in our gymnasiums is for Physical Education class use. At no time should coaches, players, and spectators be using any equipment located in any of the facilities (i.e. exercise mats, climbing equipment, gymnastics equipment).
Tape should not be put on the gymnasium floor at any time. If the height of baskets is adjusted for NYBA use, the coach should return the baskets to the original height for the following day.
Our gymnasiums are used for physical activity. Therefore, no food or drink is allowed at ANY time. The coaches of your teams will need to be diligent in supervising players, spectators, and parents to maintain this rule.
Coaches must supervise players at all times. Parents must supervise siblings at all times.
Our evening custodial staff has a great deal of work to accomplish. If the custodian makes a request, please be respectful of these requests.
Each school will designate a specific entrance for your use. Please respect these requests and use ONLY these entrances.
Cancellations for weather conditions or custodial staffing will be made by the school.
Any incidents will be reported to the Northborough Youth Basketball Association.
Your cooperation in addressing the players, coaches, and parents in a timely manner will be appreciated.